Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pamukkale - Konya - Cappadocia (Day 5)

We departed from Pamukkale at 6am. Our tour guide told us we the journey from Pamukkale to Cappadonia would be 12 hours and we will stop at Konya to visit Mevlana Museum.

On the way to Konya, we stopped by one rest station. There was a statue with a donkey in front of the rest station. The funny part was the statue mounted opposite of the way of the donkey, sound funny rite? Our tour guide told us that the turbaned man with the pot-belly on the donkey was Nasreddin Hodja. Hodja said his donkey guided him the front road, so he had to sit opposite way so that he can help the donkey to see what happen behind! Haha!



Hodja (in Turkish "hoca" means both teacher and religious leader) was a religious teacher and occasionally as a judge in local dispute. He was sometimes wise and foolish, have the sense of humour and optimistic. He is famous among Turkish folk tales. Maybe you don’t know who Hodja is, but if I tell you Effendi (阿凡提) sure you will know. I used to read a lot of his stories when I was still a kid.

Snow Mountain can be seen at opposite the rest station

Taken some photos of cherry trees on the way to Konya.


Sheep and Cows



Mevlana Museum
We did not take any photo inside the museum because is prohibited.



However, we took some tulip photos outside the garden.



Tulip photos taken in Istanbul roadside


After visited Mevlana Museum, we continue our journey. About 6.10pm, finally we reached Cappadocia. Tonight we will try up Turkich Bath.

Turkish Bath (Hamam)
Came to Turkey, of course we won’t miss the opportunity to try Turkish bath, although not really cheap, USD40. Guys and Girls were separated into two different rooms.

First, I was brought to a warm room like sauna for 15 minutes. The attendant asked me to lay on a marble bench. She wore a coarse glove and scrubbed all over my body to remove the dead skin. After scrubbing she just bathed me with warm water then asked to lay on a heated big round marble table in the center of the room. The marble table was hotter than in the sauna. She started to use a thin cloth and blow through it to create bubbles. I was covered from head to toe with white frothy bubbles. I can feel my sweat dripping! At the same time she did massage all over my body. Then I entered a Jacuzzi pool. Wow, its fantastic!

The bath took about one and half hours. Due to the weather at night, I felt very cool after taken the bath. But after served with the apple tea, my body became warm! The drink was served on time!

2 comments:

YEN said...

阿凡提!小时候也读了很多关于他的故事。看了你的posts觉得土耳其原来还有那么多美丽的地方啊!

sharon said...

虽然未走遍整个土耳其,我也觉得土耳其真的很美丽!