Saturday, February 21, 2009

1st Wedding 2009




Just received wedding photo that taken during Nay Zaw's wedding. Nay Zaw was my ex-colleague for almost 4 months. He get a very good offer and resigned since last year.

This is my 1st time attend Burmese wedding dinner in Singapore. As usual I think giving ang pao is the common way. AFter found out from my friends realised actually we can buy things to Naw Zaw besides giving ang pao. Hmm, that make me think of Malay wedding in Malaysia also can buy gift or choose to give ang pao to them.

As the wedding suppose to start at 7.30pm but my colleagues all advise me not too be too punctual because if follow singaporean style, the wedding dinner may start at 9pm. My gosh! I really hate to attend wedding that started late that scheduled date. However, my colleagues said it is very common in Singapore!Maybe Naw Zaw is Burmese. His wedding dinner start about 8.15pm. To me within 1 hour still acceptable.

Along the dinner some people giving speech included bride and bridegroom. We just eat and eat because they spoke in Burmese language. What we did is clapped hand when see everyone clapped hand, just follow what other people are doing, funny!

The wedding ended about 10.15pm, sharp and short.On the way back home taking MRT, I was just wondering this year how many 'red bomb' will I get?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sharon, can see the pics. but i dunno why u cant see. maybe one of ur software to view pics is down? i nt IT inclined ppl, but maybe u might want to google online to see if got solutions or nt.

LY