Friday, June 26, 2009

Labrador

This morning I saw LL, Adeline and Rosene with their casual attire!LL then invited me to go Labrador Park that near our site. I wished to join LL to Labrador Park to see sea grass and seaweed during low tide since last year. However, every time sure something on and ended up I cannot make it. Today just happened my boss, CK was on holiday in Taiwan, of course I will seize the chance to go there. After borrowed aqua boots, we departed to Labrador Park.

According to LL, our site used to transplant corals near to Labrador Park due to submarine services diversion work in our site. Today the lowest tide was 0.1mCD, therefore we were able to see intertidal creatures and plants!

Frankly speaking I do not know the difference of seaweed and sea grass. Both physically look same to me. We was told by LL that seaweed are algae, do not have flowers, fruits, roots and they have hold fasts that cling on to a support instead. Sea grass is a kind of flowering plant and has a root system which can absorb water and nutrients.




Hairy Crab has fine hairs coverings its body. It is an effective means to camouflage! Really hard to locate the crab if we didn't aware!


Tube worm


Sponges rely on maintaining a constant water flow through their bodies to obtain food and oxygen and to remove wastes, and the shapes of their bodies are adapted to maximize the efficiency of the water flow.


Sea Grape. Sea grape got its name from the clusters shaped like grapes which the plant has.Heard that in some countries it can be eaten. I was thinking will the taste of the sea grape salty since it was grown in sea condition? However, we still dare not try.



The tide rose very fast. So we departed back to site around 10am. Although only an hour short trip, it was a fruitful trip to me.


No comments: