Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Passion Fruit 百香果



This trip back Sekinchan manage to see passion fruit plant behind my house. Mum took the seeds from grandmother during chinese new year this year. That time we were wonder whether the passion fruit can be grown in Sekinchan.

So far I haven't seen passion fruit grow in Sekinchan (actually I seldom go out when I back to Sekinchan, prefer to stick myself at home). I only find out from grandmother that passion fruit can be eaten straight as fruit. It can be used to lower her blood pressure and treat asthma as well.

I ate passion fruit when I was at grandmother house. It was about the size of a large egg, oval shaped with a purple-brown skin and contain a jelly like pulp inside with hundreds of small black seeds. However, this trip back I was not able to eat it, all the fruit on the passion plant still unripe.


3 more weeks later that I will back to Sekinchan again to celebrate 2009 CNY . Passion fruit, please wait for me! This time I must taste you again!

1 comment:

Kai and Baobei said...

你很狼哩!一回去就想吃人(-.-)"